cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Magnus Haraldsen Amundsen" <Magnus.Haraldsen.Amund...@computas.com>
Subject RE: i18n in JX Template
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 10:05:43 GMT
The upper case was because of Outlook.

The namespace is correct, and it works when the i18n:attr is used in the
XSLT, but not in the JX Template.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Stevens [mailto:insomniacpenguin@googlemail.com]
Sent: 25. juni 2008 11:37
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: i18n in JX Template

2008/6/25 Magnus Haraldsen Amundsen
<Magnus.Haraldsen.Amundsen@computas.com>:

> In my JX Template i've created a system to display menues.
>
> <c:menu>
>
>     <c:menuelement title="menu.topic" link="admin/emner/"
> i18n:attr="title"/>
>but it shows as
>
> Menu.topic
> How do I fix this?

Given that your tokens are all lower case but the output has a leading
capital letter, it seems to me that either they *are* being
substituted (and your catalog has menu.topic=Menu.topic etc.), or
something else is altering the title attributes (to capitalise them)
before the i18n transformer sees them and they aren't translated as
the transformer is probably case sensitive as regards the key names
(so it no longer thinks they match the keys in the catalog).

Or were the capital letters introduced by your mail client and the
original output is also lower case?

One other thought - is the i18n namespace declared correctly in your
template file?  Perhaps the transformer isn't recognising the
i18n:attr attributes, so doesn't think it needs to do anything with
the titles.

Andy
--
http://pseudoq.sourceforge.net/  Open source java sudoku solver

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This message may contain confidential information.
If you have received this e-mail in error, do not use, copy or
distribute it. Do not open any attachments. Delete it immediately from
your system and notify the sender promptly by e-mail that you
have done so. Thank you.