cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: How do I exclude ALL dependencies from a dependency?
Date Sun, 22 Jun 2008 21:22:39 GMT
Andrew Madu pisze:
> Hi,
> I have a requirement to specify a dependency in my pom whilst excluding
> all of it's associated dependencies. The <exclusion> tag enables me to
> specify dependencies I do not need, but only one at a time! How do I do
> a global exclusion of a dependency?

Hi Adrew,

AFAIK there is no such option but still for a good reason. Such global exclusions are usually

dangerous and problematic in a long term.

If the included artifact has some dependencies it probably means it really needs them for
proper
running. If you want to exclude all of its dependencies it's a good sign of something wrong
with
your whole approach. Isn't it?

PS. This question belongs more to Maven's user list.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski