cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.2 and JPA
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2008 19:22:39 GMT
Miles Elam pisze:
> Hi Cocooners,

Hi Miles,

> Has anyone got a simple step-by-step for setting up Cocoon for use with
> EJB3 persistence?  With Maven2, the new block architecture, and Spring,
> I'm at a loss as to where to go.  I could of course just hack around,
> but I'm betting that someone out there has a clean and elegant
> configuration solution.
>
> Best case scenario for me would be to call the EntityManager directly
> from Flow.  Other alternatives such as calls through Spring are of
> course welcome provided that EJB3 Entities are still in the picture.
>
> I realize that this is a Cocoon user list, but by adding Spring into the
> mix, Cocoon kinda owns the problem now.  I've been dabbling with Cocoon
> since the 1.x days of processing instructions in static XML files, so
> I'm not coming as a completely blank slate to this problem; however,
> v2.2 really pulled the rug out without providing much in the way of
> documentation.
>
> Any ideas on the best way to tackle this?

Actually, amongst the other reasons we have integrated Spring into Cocoon in order to have
solutions
to many common problems in place. In this case, it's more like a question how to integrate
a JPA
with Spring not a Cocoon as it lives in higher layer delegating such kind of problems to Spring
and
staying focused on its own affairs.

Therefore I suggest to have a look at this:
http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.5.x/reference/orm.html#orm-jpa

I hope that helps you a little bit.

--
Best regards,