cocoon-users mailing list archives

From David Legg <david.l...@searchevent.co.uk>
Subject Tutorial improvement suggestion
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 11:06:30 GMT
Just thought I'd mention a tiny improvement that could be made to the
"Your first Cocoon application using Maven 2" [1] web page.

The section titled "Creating a block" gives a maven command which uses
the deprecated goal "archetype:create" instead of "archetype:generate"
leading to the following disconcerting message during the build: -

  [INFO] [archetype:create]
  [WARNING] This goal is deprecated. Please use mvn archetype:generate
instead

If I use archetype:generate instead then Maven interactively asks me
some questions I have to guess the answers to ;-)

Regards,
David Legg

[1] http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/dev-docs/2.2/1159_1_1.html