cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: C22 - Maven artifact missing
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 19:13:05 GMT
David Legg pisze:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>> Skipping test phase is not a good idea anymore and docs need an update
>> (I've done it already). Anyway, this flag shouldn't make the build fail.
>
> Would you believe it!  I tried it without the -Dmaven.test.skip=true
> flag and it passed all the tests and completed the build :-)
>
> I suspect that an artifact created as a result of the tests is a
> required dependency somewhere.

I've got exactly the same result as you. The missing dependency is included in your previous
mail:
Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-pipeline-impl:test-jar:tests:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-pipeline-components:jar:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT
        2) org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-pipeline-impl:test-jar:tests:1.1.0-SNAPSHOT

So cocoon-pipeline-components depend on cocoon-pipeline-impl:test-jar and that's not a suprise:
     <dependency>
       <groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
       <artifactId>cocoon-pipeline-impl</artifactId>
       <type>test-jar</type>
       <scope>test</scope>
     </dependency>
(taken from pom.xml of cocoon-pipeline-components)

The crucial fragment is scope that declares this dependency as a "test" one so Maven should
not try
to obtain it when tests compiling and running is disabled.

I don't have an idea why it behaves differently. Maybe it's another bug in Maven that we have
found
here?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski