cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon in Eclipse??
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 14:05:15 GMT
migselv46 pisze:
> Hi Andy
>
> Thanks a lot for your reply.
>
> I am using Eclipse 3.2 and Cocoon 2.2 (although I have tried a lot of other
> versions as well as nothing seems to really work without exotic errors.... )
>
> I was very much in doubt with the setup of the CocoonServlet so that is good
> to know. I tried to create a small Cocoon project using Maven which works. I
> can build, install and run the application in the Jetty server fine. I used
> this project and used the command
> mvn eclipse:eclipse
> hoping that I would get the necessary setup as "promised" on the Apache
> cocoon page. But no web.xml-file is generated which I would believe was a
> minimum for a Eclipse project and as I understand by your reply as well - in
> that as you state the CocoonServlet needs to be setup.
> I guess that I could get this setup some other way....
>
> Is the CocoonServlet the only servlet that needs to be setup?
>
> When copying the COB-INF directory to the Eclipse project should iit be
> placed at the same level as the META-INF-directory?

Erik,

you confuse many things here. Eclipse is an IDE not servlet container so valid Eclipse project
does
not necessary have to include web.xml and other WEB-INF contents. When you run

   mvn eclipse:eclipse

you tell Maven to generate Eclipse project descriptor files so project can be imported into
Eclipse.

Completely separate affair is to get WAR file for your webapp so you can deploy it to any
servlet
container you like. This is described here:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1362_1_1.html

Note that after running mvn package you will find WAR file in target directory of myCocoonWebapp.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski