cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.2 resources outside of a Block
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 22:11:35 GMT
Dominic Tootell pisze:
> Hi Grzegorz
>
>>> Dominic, you would better have watched my video before posting
> anything here. ;-)
>
> Actually I have watched and, I know the plugin works and you have a
> reloadable classloader to read modifications to a java classes.  But, as
> I did say in my post, you can't use jetty at times; expecially if you
> are trying to get developers to test code on an environment that is as
> like live/production as possible, to reduce the round trip time in
> testing:
>
> 	"(sometimes you can't use jetty - i.e. you have apache
> tunnelling requests though mod_jk to tomcat for instance and need to
> test it)"

Dominic, I apologize you. I've been in a hurry when responding to your e-mail and missed that
part.

(sometimes I'm wondering if it's better to stay quiet and give no response or risk blunder
like this)

> Your video is a walk through of the 3 step tutorial which is on the
> Cocoon 2.2 site, more-or-less, which I've been through.  Does the RCL
> work away from jetty? i.e for an application server such as tomcat?

In theory: RCL should work with any servlet container (at least: I don't see any obvious blockers).

You should do this:

mvn clean cocoon:prepare

then you will find full (unpacked) webapp in target/rcl/webapp. This webapp should work with
Tomcat
but nobody has tried it yet.

Are you interested in trying it out and reporting back to us if it works? We could improve
our
documentation then.

> Sorry if I have somehow caused tension, by asking a question.....

No problem, really!

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski