cocoon-users mailing list archives

From migselv46 <migsel...@yahoo.dk>
Subject Re: Cocoon in Eclipse??
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 11:42:11 GMT

Hi Andy

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I am using Eclipse 3.2 and Cocoon 2.2 (although I have tried a lot of other
versions as well as nothing seems to really work without exotic errors.... )

I was very much in doubt with the setup of the CocoonServlet so that is good
to know. I tried to create a small Cocoon project using Maven which works. I
can build, install and run the application in the Jetty server fine. I used
this project and used the command
mvn eclipse:eclipse
hoping that I would get the necessary setup as "promised" on the Apache
cocoon page. But no web.xml-file is generated which I would believe was a
minimum for a Eclipse project and as I understand by your reply as well - in
that as you state the CocoonServlet needs to be setup.
I guess that I could get this setup some other way....

Is the CocoonServlet the only servlet that needs to be setup?

When copying the COB-INF directory to the Eclipse project should iit be
placed at the same level as the META-INF-directory?