cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Monkan <matt...@ieee.org>
Subject Mail + File Generation
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 19:58:17 GMT

Okay, so I know how to generate an Excel document with data from a DB, and I
know how to send an e-mail with an attachment.

Is there a way to use only one URI to send an e-mail containing a generated
Excel document? This is a requirement.

For example:

      <map:match pattern="revenueAlert">
        <map:generate type="file" src="content/main.xml" />
        <map:transform type="sql">
	    <map:parameter name="use-connection" value="eta" />
        </map:transform>
        <map:transform type="xslt" src="style/main.xsl" />
        <map:serialize type="xls" />

        <!-- Now I need to e-mail this Excel document as an attachment to
someone. -->

        <map:generate type="file" src="content/main.xml" />
        <map:transform type="sendmail" />
        <map:serialize type="xml" />

      </map:match>

Also, I notice that when anything goes through a serializer, it just opens
the created file in an application or browser. Is there a way to store the
output of a serializer to some destination instead of manually saving the
file?

Thanks,

Matt