cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kamal Bhatt <kbh...@tt.com.au>
Subject Re: Determining invisible state in JXTemplates
Date Tue, 27 May 2008 22:08:05 GMT
Robin Wyles wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Maybe try:
>
> ${form.getChild('validity_work').getState().equals(WidgetState.INVISIBLE)}

Nope, sorry.

I have tried to do this:

    <jx:set var="invisible"
value="#{org.apache.cocoon.forms.formmodel.WidgetState.stateForName('invisible')}"/>
    <jx:out value="${invisible}"/>
    !!<jx:out value="${form.getChild('invisibleField').getState()}"/>!!
    ??<jx:out value="${form.getChild('validity_work').getState()}"/>??

What I get is this:

WidgetState[invisible=1] !!!! ????

Now, validity_work is the field I want to test, invisibleField is the
field that I am using to test invibility. Neither prints a value, yet, I
can test both. This is starting to look like a bug.

> Also, if you don't have it already you will need to have:
>
> importClass(org.apache.cocoon.forms.formmodel.WidgetState)
Already done.

> at the top of the flowscript that calls your JXTemplate.
>
> Robin
>
> On 27 May 2008, at 09:41, Kamal Bhatt wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I would like to determine if a particular field is invisible in
>> JXTemplates, unfortunately, if I do
>> ${form.getChild('validity_work').getState() ==
>> WidgetState.INVISIBLE}, it doesn't work.
>>
>> I have to setup an invisible field and compare the state against that
>> field. Is there a way I can achieve this test without adding a
>> pointless field or comparing an arbitary field?
>>
>> Cheers.
>>
>> --
>> Kamal Bhatt

Kamal Bhatt