cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ken Starks <...@lampsacos.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Cocoon-MySQL
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 06:52:16 GMT
Matthew Monkan wrote:
> This did not help either.:-(
>
> When I load http://localhost:8080/cocoon/abc/tickets.xsp all I get is a page
> with the text "Trouble tickets for". This makes sense for now, but when I
> eventually get it to access my database it should read in appropriate values
> and display a table below the text.
>
> I've attached the tickets.xsp document.
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p17343815/tickets.xsp tickets.xsp
>
> I don't know if it will help, but I attached a cocoon.log file after
> starting Tomcat and accessing the tickets.xsp page.
>
> I got it from:
> C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
> 6.0\webapps\cocoon\WEB-INF\logs
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p17343815/cocoon.log cocoon.log
>

> -Matt

I can remember, a few years ago, having similar problems, but with
PostgreSQL.

Although I kept a few notes, I am still unsure what I did to make
everything work. That is
because it just, suddenly started working after a re-boot. It would seem
that
some errors persist unless you stop and restart Tomcat,and some  persist
unless
you stop and restart the database server.
All of which makes methodical testing a real pain.

I can't see anything wrong with the .xsp file
The log file tells you to put the jdbc file in Web-Inf/lib/ That's
not where I keep mine, but it might do no harm for now.

(Did you have any luck with the Excel serializer, by the way? )

Yours,

Ken.