cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] Apache Cocoon 2.2.0 Released
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 21:32:26 GMT
Reinhard Haller pisze:
> Hi Kamal,
>
> Kamal Bhatt schrieb:
>> I had a rant about this about a month back. Basically, Cocoon
>> documentation is now a mess.
>>
> I started with cocoon 2.0. If you remember the scope as explained in the
> "What is" documentation:
>
> Apache Cocoon is an XML publishing framework
>
> Cocoon 2.2 lacks nearly all prerequisites to fulfill the old promise.
> I've no interest to program Java-
> components, I want to manipulate XML contents in a structured way (using
> XSLT) to present them.
> Generators, transformers, actions, serializers should help me to
> accomplish tasks difficult to realize in
> a pure XSLT environment.
>
> Given the actual documentation it is easier to get the work done with
> XSLT than with Cocoon. From
> my point of view the developers of 2.2 have lost the user perspective of
> their work.

Cocoon had his own problems, nobody denies it. My own opinion is that a very long gap since
last
minor release (btw. 2.2.0 is minor release but I guess it should be called major) has hurt
us in
several ways, including this "losing user perspective".

Anyway, we have finally released it and now it's time for improvement only. As I said in another

mail, I think it's a great chance for you, users, to help us with recovering lost user perspective.

--
Best regards,
Grzegorz Kossakowski