cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Cocoon-MySQL
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 14:11:22 GMT
Normally, the dburl is of the form:

jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/abc

Which is the standard port address for MySQL.
(Remember to restart Tomcat after making such changes)

>>> On 2008/05/20 at 04:05, in message <17341170.post@talk.nabble.com>, Matthew
Monkan <matthew@ieee.org> wrote:

I've found many helpful pages on the web and on this forum, but I am still
having trouble connecting to a MySQL database I created on my computer.

I did an install of MySQL with all defaults...just breezed through. I'm
trying to do the Chapter 8 DB sample as explained in the Moczar and Aston
book. I created a DB called "abc" and it's stored wherever MySQL  defaults
to when you create a DB.

I've done all the steps explained in http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/MySQL up
to what I'm questioning below:

I don't really understand the syntax I need or what folder or files Cocoon
needs to access for DB access. (I've never used DBs before.) Can someone
tell me if the <dburl> is correct?

    <jdbc name="abc" logger="core.datasources.abc">
      <pool-controller min="5" max="10"/>
      <auto-commit>false</auto-commit>
      <dburl>C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\data\abc</dburl>
      <user>root</user>
      <password/>
    </jdbc>

In the website posted above they show something like
<dburl>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/YourDatabaseName?autoReconnect=true</dburl>

I've tried jdbc:mysql://localhost:8080/abc and
jdbc:mysql://localhost:8080/cocoon/abc (I'm using Tomcat on that port) but
this doesn't work. Do I need to copy and paste files from the MySQL folder
or fix my <dburl>?

Thanks.