cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Reinhard Haller <reinhard.hal...@interactive-net.de>
Subject Re: [ANN] Apache Cocoon 2.2.0 Released
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 09:52:50 GMT
Hi Kamal,

Kamal Bhatt schrieb:
> I had a rant about this about a month back. Basically, Cocoon
> documentation is now a mess.

I started with cocoon 2.0. If you remember the scope as explained in the
"What is" documentation:

Apache Cocoon is an XML publishing framework

Cocoon 2.2 lacks nearly all prerequisites to fulfill the old promise.
I've no interest to program Java-
components, I want to manipulate XML contents in a structured way (using
XSLT) to present them.
Generators, transformers, actions, serializers should help me to
accomplish tasks difficult to realize in
a pure XSLT environment.

Given the actual documentation it is easier to get the work done with
XSLT than with Cocoon. From
my point of view the developers of 2.2 have lost the user perspective of
their work.

Greetings
Reinhard