cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kjetil Kjernsmo <Kjetil.Kjern...@computas.com>
Subject Setting a pipeline for true XHTML
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 15:32:32 GMT
All,

I much prefer to work with XHTML, and do so sending application/xhtml+xml, but
when sending to browsers, certain clients fail.

So, I should send proper XHTML to clients that supports it, and dumb it down
to HTML and use text/html to clients that don't. Cocoon seems ideally suited
to do this.

The dumbing down is probably easy enough, AFAICS, this stylesheet will do the
trick: http://www.stylusstudio.com/xsllist/200004/post10360.html

Now, I just need to append this to the pipeline, but only for the clients that
doesn't support application/xhtml+xml. So, my question is, how do I do that?

I tried to google for this, since it is a pain that almost everybody has, but
it was hard to come up with proper keywords, so I didn't find anything...

Kind regards

Kjetil Kjernsmo
--
Senior Knowledge Engineer
Direct: +47 6783 1136 | Mobile: +47 986 48 234

|  SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE  |

Computas AS  Vollsveien 9, PO Box 482, N-1327 Lysaker | Phone:+47 6783 1000 |
Fax:+47 6783 1001