cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <lmorand...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: [2.2] Built-in properties available in the sitemap
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 14:05:47 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> On Apr 2, 2008, at 2:28 AM, Luca Morandini wrote:
>>
>> IIUC, Cocoon doesn't add properties of its own (bar the ones defined
>> in blocks).
>> Hence we can just put a reference to Maven properties, an example of
>> how to use them in the sitemap and we're done, right ?
>
> No.
>
> I'd imagine this would work only if somebody to use Cocoon installed
> into Jetty started from Maven.

Sadly, I am not able even to "see" the Maven properties when starting
Jetty from Maven:
         <map:call function="{1}">
           <map:parameter name="version" value="${project.version}"/>
         </map:call>

raises:
Caused by: org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathException: No value for
xpath: project.version

(java.home works though).

Any clue ?

> I also can not imagine anyone using Maven
> deployed into production environment, and I heard that Tomcat is also a
> popular production deployment environment ;-)

Sure, but some properties are useful at build-time as well (say you want
to produce a README.xml with the the block version number in it).

Regards,