cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jeroen Reijn" <j.re...@onehippo.com>
Subject RE: NEWBIE question: HTML Generator
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 10:59:32 GMT
Hi Heather,

Well I don't think you are doing something wrong, except that cocoon might not be able to
connect to the web.
Could it be that your browser has a proxy configured for internet access?

It seems cocoon can't reach the host from the internal http connection.

Regards,

Jeroen

-----Original Message-----
From: Heather Rankin [mailto:Heather.Rankin@bbc.co.uk]
Sent: Wed 4/16/2008 11:59 AM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: NEWBIE question: HTML Generator

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help me... I'm brand new to Cocoon and am trying
to execute this simple pipeline:

<map:match pattern="myPipeline">
 <map:generate
src="http://www.geekculture.com/mt2/archives/2008/04/forum_tidbits_f_390
.html" type="html" />
 <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

When I hit http://localhost:8888/metadata/myPipeline I can see it trying
to connect to localhost but then I get a 'java.net.ConnectException:
Connection timed out: connect' error.

I don't get the error with a *local* HTML file, just with an external
URL. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance...

Heather

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are
not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify
the sender immediately.