cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Binkley, Peter" <Peter.Bink...@ualberta.ca>
Subject RE: webdav transformer
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 20:44:37 GMT
Thanks, Jeroen - someone mentioned that one once before but I had forgotten it. Looking at
the description in the wiki, I think it is not as good a fit for my needs as the webdav approach,
since the Forrest project uses a generator instead of a transformer. I need to update the
Solr index with the output of a CForm, so being able to transform the data as part of a pipeline
before generating a Solr doc and pushing it up to Solr is very convenient. It makes it easy
to do all those little normalization and validation steps to keep the data clean.

Peter

________________________________

From: Jeroen Reijn [mailto:j.reijn@onehippo.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2008 1:29 AM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org; users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: RE: webdav transformer

Hi Peter,

I had to dig a bit deeper in my memory, before I was able to answer this. Almost a year ago,
I did some research for the SOLR and Cocoon combination and I came across some Apache Forrest
plugins that are useful in combination with Cocoon. See [1] for more information on this plugin.
The plugin contains a couple of generators that can handle both GET and POST requests to SOLR.
I hope this helps you with your problem, and now you don't have to wrap your request into
a webdav request.

Regards,

Jeroen

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrForrest