cocoon-users mailing list archives

From footh <fo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Javaflow - major memory issue
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 16:24:06 GMT
Yes, I only applied 642694 as it was the only the link in your previous post.  I altered the
three
files:

AbstractContinuable.java
Continuation.java
ContinuationContext.java

to the files in the links and rebuilt Cocoon, only switching out the javaflow library on my
test
instance.  Nothing else changed in my test environment from the calculable results I got last
time.  I'm using YourKit profiler and the Apache JMeter testing tool with debugging turned
off.

Should I have applied all the fixes you described below?

--- Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@gmx.de> wrote:

> On 01.04.2008 18:52, footh wrote:
>
> > Just ran a very simple test using the changes from revision 642694 and had unusual
results.

> > Byte arrays, and consequently the BufferedOutputStream still took up large amounts
of retained
> > space in the total memory usage.  So, this didn't change.
> >
> > However, the memory did not clean up neatly like it did before...after about 10
minutes.
> Before,
> > I would do, say 1000 samples, and total Tomcat memory would balloon to a point.
 Then I'd wait
> 10
> > minutes and would observe the byte array data cleaning up in the profiler with total
Tomcat