cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: C2.2 Migration plan from 2.1
Date Sun, 13 Apr 2008 18:50:34 GMT
On Apr 12, 2008, at 2:31 PM, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Kamal pisze:
>>
>> I didn't see anything in Vadim's slides that indicated how to get
>> around the lack of XSP support (admittadly, I was looking at the
>> slides through Google as my powerpoint viewer seems busted).
>
> Oh XSP may be a big problem. I mean, we have XSP block in C2.2 but
> it was never officially released and I doubt it will ever get
> released. It looks like nobody is interested in maintaining XSP
> these days when we have different approaches.

Alfred is one of XSP users and Cocoon committer, so saying that it is
completely unmaintained is a bit hasty. Also, most of the XSP samples
in trunk are working (with the exception of SOAP samples) [1], so all
it might need for release is some samples fixes and clean up.

Vadim

[1] http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/trunk/cocoon-xsp-sample/