cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: RequestWrapper and the case of the Nullpointer
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 17:30:39 GMT
On Apr 3, 2008, at 12:30 PM, Alec Bickerton wrote:
> I'm seeing a problem with cocoon requests. When our application
> attempts to read a parameter from the request a NullpointerException
> is thrown.
>
> I can't be more specific because this ONLY occurs when tomcat is
> started without a debugger. If I attach the debugger, it seem that
> the RequestWrapper initialises correctly and the parameter is found.
>
> This is in cocoon 2.1.9, has anyone seen this before? Any ideas how
> I can prevent it happening through a configuration value?

Did you check tomcat's source code for the version you are running?
I'm curious what is at this line

     at
org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.parseParameters(Request.java:2426)

Without knowing code at that line, I can only guess that there is
something wrong with incoming request and tomcat fails to parse it...

Vadim