cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Dev at weitling <d...@weitling.net>
Subject Re: Output, more than one file?
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 14:15:22 GMT
Hi Carlos,

Carlos Tejo Alonso wrote:
> Hi Antonio,
>

>> Would you explain the use case? Perhaps we can find another
>> way to solve
>> it. :)
>>

> Thanks for your answer. Maybe this simple use case can help.
>
> We have an .xml file (in.xml) in the input and we want "defrag" it in
> several .xml (out-1.xml, out-2.xml, out-3.xml) file

The problem is that you have *one* request which you can return only one
"file". If you just want to create the files without returning them to
the client at once you may have a look at the TeeTransformer. Or write
your own Serializer returning/creating the files as needed. And formerly
created files may be packaged with the Zip(Archive)Serializer.

Hope that helps,
Florian