cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: [2.2] CForms migration
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 10:08:51 GMT
Kamal Bhatt wrote:
> Hi,
> Can you please confirm that map:mount will make it into the next
> version of Cocoon? This will greatly influence whether we migrate to
> Cocoon 2.2 or not.
Kamal, we are only thinking about deprecating map:mount. That means,
even if we decide to deprecate map:mount in C2.2 it will be supported
for at least one year (more likely: two years) in 2.2 line. I'm not sure
what's our removal policy of deprecated functionality but I guess it
will be possible to remove it in 3.0 version that is not even planned now.

I think it's totally safe to use map:mount but I must admit I'm little
bit sad because it goes somehow against directions C2.2 has taken.
Anyway, I've warned and now my work is finished.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski