cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kamal Bhatt <kbh...@tt.com.au>
Subject [2.2] CForms migration
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 06:45:53 GMT
Hi,
I asked some of these questions previously, but I got no answers, so I
thought I would try again and ask some more questions:

* It seems to me there are a number of approaches for placing your
sitemap in an arbitary location on the file system:

1. You could use a mount in the block, such as this:
  <map:match pattern="*/**">
     <map:mount check-reload="true" reload-method="synchron"
src="file:///test/{1}/sitemap.xmap" uri-prefix="" />
 </map:match>
This what I meant about sitemap redirections.
2. You could use the RCL method and specify the property (though I
haven't got this to work in the packaged war, I will have a look at it
later)
3. You could use Cocoon in classic mode and use the xconf
4. You could use the block servlet bean definition method:

 <bean name="org.apache.cocoon-welcome.block"
class="org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapServlet">
   <servlet:init-params>
     <entry key="sitemap-path" value="file:///path/to/sitemap.xmap"/>
   </servlet:init-params>
   <servlet:context mount-path="/"
context-path="blockcontext:/cocoon-welcome/">
     <servlet:connections>
       <entry key="style"
value-ref="org.apache.cocoon.samples.style.default.servlet"/>
     </servlet:connections>
   </servlet:context>
 </bean>

So which would be the best way?

* Just wondering when we are likely to see the XSP block made available
outside of the trunk. I don't mind missing out SOAP capability (not
using it), is there a maven dependency I can use to get XSPs now?

* In a development environment, you can specify a folder that Cocoon
will look at to get its class files. Is there a way of using this
functionality in production without an overhead?

* I am having session management issues with CForms and my application,
so I need to use URL rewriting. Is there a way of doing this with
Cocoon/CForms? Is it still an issue with 2.2?

* One day I was looking at the 2.1.10 code, and I noticed a GoogleMaps
widget. Is there any instruction on its use? Is it worth using?

* I need to update our woefully bad image upload. One of the issues we
had was that we could n't validate the filename with a regex. Has this
been fixed or is there a workaround?

* I would like to use the SQL transformer, but I see nothing about
registering connection pools with Cocoon (as we used to have to do in
2.1). Are the connection pools mentioned in
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/blocks/databases/1.0/apidocs/index.html
referring to connection pools registered with the application servers?
Are there examples somewhere?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

--