cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: pom.xml / Tomcat
Date Sun, 13 Apr 2008 21:03:40 GMT
Patrick Heiden pisze:
> Sorry, I've forgotten to activate logging, here an extendet version of tomcats output,
maybe now
> you are able to see what is happening:

<snip/>

> [org.apache.cocoon.el.impl.objectmodel.ObjectModelImpl] for bean with name
> 'scopedTarget.org.apache.cocoon.el.objectmodel.ObjectModel' defined in URL
> [jar:file:/home/pepemuck/_opt/tomcat55/webapps/isacWebApp/WEB-INF/lib/cocoon-pipeline-impl-1.0.0-RC2.jar!/META-INF/cocoon/spring/ObjectModel.xml]:
> problem with class file or dependent class; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/commons/collections/map/AbstractMapDecorator Caused by:
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/collections/map/AbstractMapDecorator

Ok. Now everything is clear.

Class org.apache.cocoon.el.impl.objectmodel.ObjectModelImpl comes from cocoon-expression-language

module, its dependencies can be found here:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/core-modules/expression-language-impl/1.0/dependencies.html

As you can see, EL module depends on commons-collections:3.2, now let's take a look at your

dependencies listings:

myDomainBlock:
[INFO]    commons-collections:commons-collections:jar:2.1.1:compile

isac:
[INFO]    commons-collections:commons-collections:jar:3.2:compile

isacWebApp:
[INFO]    commons-collections:commons-collections:jar:2.1.1:compile

As you see, wrong version (coming from myDomain) lands in your webapp and that's why it breaks.
think that Patrick it's crucial now for you to understand how transitive dependencies work
in Maven
in order to effectively resolve such problems.

You sould study [1][2] and then decide to use exclusion mechanism or direct dependency specification

(so right version is being pulled).

[1] http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html
[2] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Dependency+Mediation+and+Conflict+Resolution

--