cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: date bug related to leap year?
Date Sun, 13 Apr 2008 03:06:15 GMT
On 12.04.2008 07:40, Paul Joseph wrote:

> Do you know what I need to do to switch it to the JDK lib.?  Any thing
> to grep for that I then need to replace with its equivalent JDK call?

I can't answer your questions directly right now, but I searched for
ICU4J on our changes page [1] and found following entries:

- Version 2.1.7 (March 23 2005)

CForms: separate FormattingDateConvertor that uses
java.text.SimpleDateFormat and Icu4jDateFormatter  that uses ICU4J.
There was previously an automatic switch to ICU4J if the library was
present in the classpath, which sometimes caused some strange results as
it behaves a bit differently. Committed by SW.

- Version 2.1.6 (November 19 2004)

The daylight time cause error when timezone is CST. Updated icu4j to
3.0. Committed by AG. Thanks to Johnson Hsu. See Issue 30372.

See second one might be exactly what you are looking for. It seems we
fixed it only by upgrading ICU4J.

Hope this helps,

Joerg

[1] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/changes.html