cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kamal Bhatt <kbh...@tt.com.au>
Subject More Cocoon 2.2 question
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 03:36:01 GMT
Hi,
Firstly, I would like to register my dissatisfaction on the structure of
the 2.2 website. It frustrates and confuses me and I know how to use
Cocoon. For example, I needed to get a description of how to write a
generator. To get to this information I had to click on the Core 2.2
link, then click the Core tag (which is described as "The
'*cocoon-core*' module is some kind of wrapper, that keeps all
dependencies together in order to make it easier to use Cocoon as web
application framework. For now the complete documentation of all core
modules can be found in Cocoon core."), then click Sitemap /Writing your
own components/Creating a Generator. What? Were it not for random
clicking on my part, I would not have found this information. Once you
get to this page, there are issues with the navigation on the left (some
parts cross over into the text). The old site was bad, but at least it
was navigable. Is there any hope of fixing the documentation any time
soon? This website is definitely not newbie friendly.

Anyway, now that I have got that off my chest, I have some questions:

1. I asked this before, but I did n't get a satisfactory answer. I know
that there is the new block structure, but I don't want to have to
bundle Cocoon classes with my sitemap, etc... for various reason
(including historical). As such, how do I point Cocoon to use a sitemap
outside the main Cocoon project?
2. Are there any instructions for deploying on different application
servers?

Thanks.

--
Kamal Bhatt