cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Multiple or single cocoon instances
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 00:43:51 GMT
On 03.04.2008 18:44, Shahriar Aghajani wrote:

> I'd like to know about this too.  How do people run a fleet of disparate
> Cocoon applications/websites on a single server?
>
> I have a hand full of Cocoon sites that I'm running on the same server,
> under Tomcat, each as a separate virtual host.

We are running one application per Cocoon instance per Tomcat service.

> Anyway to minimize the memory usage?  Can I move portions of the cocoon
> 2.2 libraries under Tomcat, and if so, will tomcat share the objects
> across the contexts?

The only way to minimize memory is to have multiple applications running
in one Cocoon instance. You can move libraries to Tomcat's shared
classloader but this does save you hardly any memory since the objects
are still per web application. And unless I'm forced to do this (for
portals for example) I would not get started these things due to
potential classloading issues.

Joerg