cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kamal <kbh...@tt.com.au>
Subject Re: Multiple or single cocoon instances
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 09:57:30 GMT
We have multiple "applications" in one cocoon. I guess it depends on
what you are doing, how much you can afford to spend on hardware and how
important is zero down time.

If you have loads of money to spend on hardware (including maintenance),
and you are bundling Java classes with Cocoon, then go with multiple
instances of Cocoon. If you have one application server, what I don't
recommend, is a scenario with multiple instances of Cocoon, all sitting
in an a single application server. This is a disaster IMHO. Cocoon is a
beast it is difficult to manage this well. Another thing I don't
recommend is using mount tables. They seem like a good idea, but they
are not as they are managed within Cocoon it is harder to change. In
fact, if you are using an application server, you should try to get as
much of the application off the application server.

I am actually curious as to how people run Cocoon. That is, do you use
an application server (JBoss, SJSAS) or do people get by with Jetty.