cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.2 - Cocoon Forms 1.0 block: Replacing Avalon's ServiceManager interface with Spring 2
Date Sun, 13 Apr 2008 18:30:40 GMT
On Apr 10, 2008, at 3:58 PM, Magnus Haraldsen Amundsen wrote:
> I'm looking into the Cocoon Forms 1.0 block (with Cocoon 2.2) and it
> seems very nice. But I see that the Java API example at http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/blocks/forms/1.0/498_1_1.html

>  use Avalon's ServiceManager interface. However, at the "New in 2.2"
> page it says that "Cocoon 2.2 doesn't use an Avalon-based component
> manager any more but uses Spring 2 instead.".

Cocoon 2.2 internally uses Spring, but it still provides backward
compatibility (as far as it's possible) with Cocoon 2.1, so it
implements Avalon functionality and provides an implementation of
Avalon's ServiceManager. Because of this CForms 1.0 can continue to
use ServiceManager.

I should also mention that there is CForms version 1.1 which does not
use ServiceManager anymore and is migrated to Spring.

Links to CForms 1.0 and 1.1:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/branches/cocoon-forms-1.0.0/
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/blocks/cocoon-forms/

Vadim