cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Patrick Heiden" <patrickhei...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: pom.xml / Tomcat
Date Sun, 13 Apr 2008 12:38:49 GMT
Hi Grzegorz!

> Patrick Heiden pisze:

<snip/>

> > I also used the simple webApp-Block out of the tut. Inside that blocks
> pom.xml there are
> > dependencies to myBlock 1&2 and also the dependency to my domainModel.
> With that dependency
> > given, there is no chance to get the app running inside tomcat (first
> there is a warning about
> > servlet-api-2.3.jar and then the FATAL :error listenerLoad). As soon as
> I remove the
> > domainModel-dependency out of the webApp-Block, everything is fine.
> >
> > Why???
>
> AFAIK, C2.2 require servlet-api-2.4 for running. Could it be that your
> domainModel depends on 2.3
> version? You can check it running:
>
>    mvn dependency:list
>
> in your myDomainModel-Block.

Alright, fixed this. THANKS! But...

> I don't think it's problem with RCL.

I still have to remove myDomainModel-dependency from cocoons web-app block to get the app
running inside tomcat. Clearly this can not be an RCL issue, due to the fact that RCL never
'touches' my tomcat, but this is a little misterious, still. WDYT??

Besides: I recieve the same error, when I put myDomainBlock-dependency inside another block
(e.g. myBlock2). Should there be only ONE dependency to myDomainModel? This would be confusing,
since some blocks should use this dep?

Best greetings,
Patrick