cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Patrick Heiden" <patrickhei...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: deploy Tomcat
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 20:01:08 GMT
<snip/>

> But with 6.0 there are problems!
>
> 1) if one follows
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/standards/index.html and put xerces-...jar
into $JAVA_HOME/lib/endorsed, errors keep
> alive! (No idea why JDK endorsed standard is not working)
>
> 2) if one try to bypass that and create endorsed inside $CATALINA_HOME,
> there are two options (wich I have not tested, since I want to go on with 5.5
> <-- unless somebody gives reason why it should be 6.0 :)
>
> 2a) create a deamon startup-skrip (in case one wants tomcat as deamon) and
> overwrite java.endorsed.dirs=$CATALINA_HOME/foo/bar/endorsed ( foo/bar
> represents some location where endorsed libs should be placed, I guess common
> location would be $CATALINA_HOME/lib/endorsed )
>
> 2b) for manual startup catalina.sh or .bat skript should be modified to
> reflect -Djava.endorsed.dirs=$FOO/bar
>
> But as mentioned before: I would prefer to put such endorsed libs inside
> jdk-default location. Does anyone know, if setting $JAVA_ENDORSED_LIBS
> explicit would solve (idea during writing :) or is that overwritten during JDK
> startup? <-- ill try this immediately

This does not work for me, I repeated to set JAVA_ENDORSED_DIRS (made mistake before, calling
this var JAVA_ENDORSED_LIBS!) in several java specific env configs (inside my linux /etc/env.d/java
dir), but this doesent work. Maybe it is a problem, that I am running tomcat 6.0 with jdk
1.5? After setting the mentioned env-var, I tried to start tomcat with 'catalina.sh run',
since I know that this var is used inside that script, nothing but exceptions.

So solutions for 6.0-users are somewhat welcome, I guess ;)
Greetings,
Patrick