cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Patrick Heiden" <patrickhei...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: deploy Tomcat
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 15:34:06 GMT
Hi Jeroen,

> Hi Patrick,
>
> Do you have any idea, which XML Schema is causing this error?
> While looking at the tomcat server.xml did you also notice this
> statement:
>
> Note: XML Schema validation will not work with Xerces 2.2.

Actually I have no idea. I am using standard cocoon generated web.xml
<web-app version="2.4"
         xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
         xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd">

and logmessages state, that declaration of <web-app> could not be found.

> Did you provide your own version of xerces? Because the one that comes
> with the JDK might not work.

My stacktrace shows the usage of com.sun.org.apache.xerces, so I would guess it's suns ;)
Also I am sure to not provide my own xeres version. DYT, that I should put explicit dependency
inside my webApp-blocks pom.xml to solve this?

Best regards,
Patrick