cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Wendell Piez <wap...@mulberrytech.com>
Subject Trouble with non-ASCII URIs
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 22:08:56 GMT
Hi,

I'm having trouble passing non-URI characters
into XSLT as parameters. A string such as
A%CF%80%CF%8C%CE%BB%CE%BB%CF%89%CE%BD appears
(when passed in as a parameter mapped from an
incoming URI) to the XSLT processor as
AÏ?Ï?λλÏ?ν (that is, as a nonsense string that
probably won't make it through the mailer). When
I use this value in my document instead of the
escaped URI string I expect, things work, but
this is neither legible (while the unescaped form
of the value coming in) nor a properly escaped
string I am able to generate. I have the problem
using both Xalan and Saxon 9 under XSLT 2.0. I'm
running Cocoon 2.1.10, and have my serializers
set to write UTF-8, which they are doing. It's
values coming in as parameters that are getting mashed.

I've got a minimal XML file and XSLT instance to
demonstrate this, with a mini-sitemap. What's the
easiest way to post this for someone to look at?
I'm sure I'm missing something fairly basic.

Thanks,
Wendell