cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Carlos Tejo Alonso" <carlos.t...@fundacionctic.org>
Subject RE: How to obtain a xml from a xml file and a Xpath expression
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2008 15:52:55 GMT
Hi Jeroen,

> Hi Carlos,
>
> I'm not really sure what you mean with XML from an XML. Where
> do you try to obtain this XML.

I wanted to explain thi situation:
I have a file called example.xml and I want to apply a XPATH expression in order to obtain
another file called example-2.xml with the elements selected by the XPATH expression.

> For one you could just generate your file, apply an xslt with
> an xpath expression or otherwise use the Xquery generator[1].

Thanks for the suggestions. I wonder if there is one transformer where you indicate the file
and the XPATH expression and gives you the new xml file.

Did I explain myself better? Sorry for my awful English :S

Regards,

Carlos Tejo Alonso
Departamento de I+D+i - Fundación CTIC
Parque Científico Tecnológico Gijón, Asturias (Spain)
www.fundacionctic.org