cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <lmorand...@ieee.org>
Subject SSF and UI modularization
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 15:44:17 GMT
Since Grzegorz is in the mood of bestowing upon us the arcana of SSF, I
have an use case that may be of interest:

1) Suppose you have an admin UI (some static pages, a login form, some
admin forms).
2) Suppose you want your users to add specialized forms and static pages
for configuring some service of theirs.

How would you do it using a "father" block for general forms/pages and
"children" blocks for specialized forms/pages ?

As far as I understand, this boils down to let the "father" block know
about the "children" and let it access them somehow (like a
DirectoryGenerator spanning all blocks declared in the
servlet-service.xml to collect all the static pages and show them in a
menu).

Please, alert me if I say something insane ;)

Regards,