cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jeroen Reijn" <j.re...@onehippo.com>
Subject RE: Re: Getting the request query parameters in the XML
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:37:44 GMT
You can use the 'use-request-parameters' parameter, but keep in mind that if you are using
caching or eventcaching pipelines,
using this parameter can make your cache grow without controling, because the request parameters
will end up in your cachekey.

If a crawler for instance runs by, with a timestamp as request parameter, you could end up
with unnecessary cache entries.

This could have an impact on your memory usage.

Regards,

Jeroen

-----Original Message-----
From: news on behalf of Luca Morandini
Sent: Thu 3/27/2008 2:21 PM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject:  Re: Getting the request query parameters in the XML

Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:

> I need to access the query parameters from a GET request in my XSLT, and I
> have thought of several ways to do this, but all seems cumbersome, so I'm
> supposing I've lost something trivial.

If you set use-request-parameters to true all in the transformer
definition, XSLT would have access to said parameters.

Look at:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/TraxTransformer.html
for details.

Regards,

P.S.
I prefer the explicit passing of parameters from the sitemap to the XSLT
via map:parameter, but if you want something quick&dirty...