cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Martyn Wilson <flaps_2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Upper limit to excel spreadsheet size
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 16:21:05 GMT
Vadim,

I ran tomcat from the command line and I get nothing when the app errors out. Any other ideas?

Martyn Wilson

----- Original Message ----
From: Vadim Gritsenko <vadim@reverycodes.com>
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2008 10:41:54 AM
Subject: Re: Upper limit to excel spreadsheet size

On Mar 27, 2008, at 11:17 AM, Martyn Wilson wrote:
> Vadim, thanks for your response.
>
> I am running tomcat as a service. I'm not sure what you mean by the
> console?

Tomcat has a stdout stream it writes to, which usually is a console
window if tomcat is started from command line. If it is running as a
service, it should end up in some log file - not tomcat.log - check
your service configuration.

If you can't find that console log, shut down your service and start
it up from command line and try hitting that problematic URL.

> I have looked in the tomcat logs and see nothing about an out of
> memory error. Also as soon as i limit hte entries in thespreadsheet
> below the 4420 threshhold everything works, which suggests to me
> that there was no out of memory error, no?

IIRC, the limits on excel spreadsheets are 256 columns by 65536 rows.
So 4420 is not excel or POI limitation.

Vadim