cocoon-users mailing list archives

From footh <fo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Javaflow - major memory issue
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 00:50:58 GMT
Thanks for all the replies.  I did some more digging
into the profiling data.  It turns out that the
ContinuationsManagerImpl is at the top of the object
path of the byte arrays where
org.apache.cocoon.environment.util.BufferedOutputStream
is the actual parent of the arrays.

Looking down the path, I can see the TreeSet and
SortedSet that is mentioned in cocoon-2109.  I would
say this issue is a likely cause for the memory
ballooning.

The load tester is simulating 5 users staggered 10
seconds apart and only hitting a couple very simple
pages.  Yet within 15 minutes, the Tomcat memory use
approaches 1GB.  After stopping the load tester and
examining the memory, I did notice in the profiler
that the byte arrays eventually cleaned up.  However,
looking at the Task Manger (using Windows), Tomcat was
still holding the full amount of memory from when I
stopped the load tester, ie. it didn't go down when
the  byte arrays cleaned up.

I suppose the next step is to try the patch provided
in  2109.  Any other suggestions?