cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tobia Conforto <tobia.confo...@linux.it>
Subject NullPointerException without a stacktrace
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 10:31:34 GMT
Does anybody occasionally get a NullPointerException in the logs,
without a matching stacktrace?

Like this:

$date ERROR $url [sitemap.handled-errors] ErrorHandlerHelper: Sitemap:
error calling function $flowscript_func
	at <map:call> - $sitemap_path
java.lang.NullPointerException

And that's it, no Java stacktrace, no flowscript line number,
nothing.  I checked Jetty's standard error too, nothing there.

I'm using Cocoon 2.1.10, and I have %{rootThrowable} in logkit.xconf
(which is the default.)  Do you think %{throwable} would make any
difference?  I should mention that this only happens on the production
server (of course...) so I can't debug as much as I'd like to.

Could this be a bug in one of my components?  I mean, can a bug in a
custom component (I've written actions, readers, transformers, and a
input module) cause a bare NPE, without a stacktrace?  Can a bug in
flowscript (such as calling null Java objects, or calling them the
wrong way) cause it?

Tobia