cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Magnus Haraldsen Amundsen" <Magnus.Haraldsen.Amund...@computas.com>
Subject RE: Cocoon 2.2: HTML tag TEXTAREA in a JX Template
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 14:28:06 GMT
That's one way to do it, but then the textarea won't be empty on submit.
I'd also like to understand the automagic that escapes the <textarea>
with <textarea /> even when a </textarea> is present. But it's not very
important, I can always do a " ".equals(textarea) in the Java class
instead of a "".equals(textarea),

- Magnus

________________________________

From: Bhavya Sharma [mailto:bhavyasharma@gmail.com]
Sent: 26. mars 2008 15:13
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cocoon 2.2: HTML tag TEXTAREA in a JX Template

if you want to avoid it try to put a space or dummy text between opening
and closing textarea tag

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 7:37 PM, Magnus Haraldsen Amundsen
<Magnus.Haraldsen.Amundsen@computas.com> wrote:

Hi,

We have a JX Template that contains:

<textarea id="beskrivelse" name="beskrivelse" rows="6"
cols="40"></textarea>

When the page is displayed in the browser Cocoon the HTML looks like
this:

<textarea id="beskrivelse" name="beskrivelse" rows="6" cols="40" />

And the rest of the HTML is displayed inside the TEXTAREA. This is, as
far as I know, because the TEXTAREA tag requires an ending </TEXTAREA>
tag, and everything between the two tags is displayed as text in the
textarea.

Is this Cocoons doing, or is it because the content of the JX Template
is xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml?

- Magnus

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This message may contain confidential information. If
you have received this e-mail in error, do not use, copy or distribute
it. Do not open any attachments. Delete it immediately from your system
and notify the sender promptly by e-mail that you have done so. Thank
you.

--
Thanks

Bhavya Sharma