cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Upper limit to excel spreadsheet size
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2008 03:45:27 GMT
On 27.03.2008 17:35, Martyn Wilson wrote:

> I'm not sure how to debug a cocoon app, seeing as there is no code to put a breakpoint
in, just sitemap and stylesheets. Is there a tutorial out there for this?

At the end there are also Java classes ;-) Just look at the component
declaration. I guess it's
org.apache.cocoon.serialization.HSSFSerializer. The SAX events are
handled as method calls, e.g. startElement(..) in
ElementProcessorSerializer (super class of HSSFSerializer). It sets up
so called ElementProcessors which do their actual processing after
endProcessing() is called in endElement(..).

For debugging in general: Cocoon is just a web application so remote
debugging works as for any other. There is some documentation though
[1], no idea how helpful it is.

Joerg

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/DebuggingCocoon