cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Simple form event?
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 07:43:41 GMT
Working with Cocoon 2.1.8

I am trying to create a simple event that copies the value entered in one
field, into another.

The form definition looks like:

<fd:field id="SiteCode" required="true">
 <fd:label>Site Code</fd:label>
 <fd:datatype base="string"/>
 <fd:on-value-changed>
   <javascript>
     java.lang.System.err.println("Site Code changed from " + event.oldValue + " to " + event.newValue);
     var value = event.source.value;
     var typewidget = event.source.lookupWidget("../SampleCode");
     typewidget.setValue(value);
   </javascript>
 </fd:on-value-changed>
</fd:field>

<fd:field id="SampleCode" >
 <fd:label>Sample Code</fd:label>
 <fd:datatype base="string"/>
</fd:field>

ie. the intent is that when SiteCode is changed, this value
becomes the default for the SampleCode.

The above does not work.

I am not sure where/how the system adds in this Javascript;
the source code for the output web page does not look any
different from before, so I am sure I am missing something
obvious.

Thanks
Derek