cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: java 1.5 and cocoon
Date Sat, 22 Mar 2008 16:27:25 GMT
On 22.03.2008 11:07, Patrick Heiden wrote:

>>> Some parts of my domainmodel rely on java-1.5 specific stuff like
>>> Generics and so on. Within my first cocoon steps I don't have
>>> changed the source=1.3 attribute and of course get the 'generics are
>>> not supported in -source 1.3'-build-error. Is this the only thing I
>>> have to change to use java 1.5?
>> Depends on what you are using to build your project. In my ant
>> projects I have both 'source' and 'target' attributes set to 1.5. See
>> http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/javac.html
>
> I am using maven to build my project and cocoon 2.2 as my web-tier. I've read that it
is also necessary to change some cocoon src-files wich use 'enum' as identifier because since
1.5 it is a keyword. Is this right? So what do I actually have to change when using 1.5 and
cocoon 2.2?

Nothing except for the build configs mentioned above. Cocoon is Java 5
or even Java 6 compatible.

Joerg