cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andre Juffer <ajuf...@sun3.oulu.fi>
Subject Re: [HELP]: blocks and domainmodel
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 20:24:12 GMT
Patrick Heiden wrote:
> Hi Andre!
>
>> Yeah, I guess that this would settle the matter then. One transaction
>> definition file to transact them all...
>
> Maybe one last gap in addition to your thought about block-specific transaction-management:
>
> If one must somehow define special transaction purposes, e.g. different method-name-patterns,
then usage of different transaction-managers could be fine. But I would try to avoid such
design and spend a bit more effort upfront.

Agreed. My transactions are also very straightforward. I do not use
different method-name pattern, except to differentiate between methods
that just get something from the database without actually modifying it
and methods that result in a modification of one or more tables in the
database. That's it. That's why I have just one transaction.xml.

Thanks,
Andre

--
Andre H. Juffer              | Email: Andre.Juffer@oulu.fi