cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andre Juffer <Andre.Juf...@oulu.fi>
Subject Re: [HELP]: blocks and domainmodel
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 12:17:46 GMT
Patrick Heiden wrote:
> Hello again!
>
> So following your advised discussion, I am able to create the whole domainmodel as standalone
.jar and add this as dependency to webapp-block, right? Of course I also have to put the domain-appCtx.xml
into the META-INF/cocoon/spring directory. If I would do so, are all other blocks automatically
aware of my domain.jar, or do I have to put the dependency to every blocks pom.xml wich is
going to use it (besides testing!)?

It is actually possible to import beans etc from other files.

See
http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.5.x/reference/beans.html#beans-basics
Section 3.2.2.1. Composing XML-based configuration metadata

You would write something like:

<import resource="classpath://services.xml"/>

The service.xml would then sit in your standalone jar which can
therefore also be tested outside of cocoon and can also be used in other
environments than cocoon (as if there is anything else worth
considering...). The services.xml would define beans, transactions, etc
in the regular way. I have typically a few of includes.

Other beans you have made yourself that are typical to cocoon would be
defined in xml files placed in the designated subdirectories
(META-INF/cocoon/spring.)

You still need to include a dependency in the pom of each block that
uses your domain jar, because you would need the jar for deployment. The
issue that remains to be looked into is that a number of blocks may
require the same setup for transactions. The definitions for this
probably would need to be defined globally.

Andre.