cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: C2.2: undecoded URI params
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 14:02:58 GMT
Rainer Pruy pisze:
> Hi Grek,
>
> after a bit further investigation the topic might decompose to two problems:
>
> 1. The request (emulation) used while executing the "redirectTo" call from flowscript
does not really provide encoded vs. decoded
> values for the relevant input modules. (the emulation is obviously quite terse, e.g.
there is no "querystring" with request module).

> Passing values directly from browser works fine.
> Passing from sitemap or flowscript fails.

That looks like a bug because, AFAIK, cocoon: requests should be rather transparent so things
like
reqest:queryString should work. I think it would be the best if you created a simple test-case
and
issue in JIRA describing the problem. I could have a look in upcomming days (maybe even today).
As
for the work-around, I would use request attributes _temporarily_.

On the other hand, it would be probably *much* simpler to implement support for servlet: protocol
in
flowscript. This should be a topic for discussion on dev list. I have some ideas how to achieve
this
goal with minimal effort.

> 2.
> servlet protocol does complain over some characters that cocoon protocol just passes
over (try some x="b") parameter.
> (The '"' are "malformed" according to servlet: but tolerated with cocoon:).
>
> Presumably servlet: protocol is closer to spec as RFC 3986 does not list '"' as a valid
character for URIs.
> Nevertheless, such values would not reach so far if case 1. would yield encoded values.

Servlet: protocol uses internally java.net.URI.URI class which conforms to RFC2396.

--
Best regards,
Grzegorz Kossakowski