cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Pruy <Rainer.P...@Acrys.COM>
Subject Re: C2.2: undecoded URI params
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 09:38:52 GMT
Hi Grek,

after a bit further investigation the topic might decompose to two problems:

1. The request (emulation) used while executing the "redirectTo" call from flowscript does
not really provide encoded vs. decoded
values for the relevant input modules. (the emulation is obviously quite terse, e.g. there
is no "querystring" with request module).

Passing values directly from browser works fine.
Passing from sitemap or flowscript fails.

2.
servlet protocol does complain over some characters that cocoon protocol just passes over
(try some x="b") parameter.
(The '"' are "malformed" according to servlet: but tolerated with cocoon:).

Presumably servlet: protocol is closer to spec as RFC 3986 does not list '"' as a valid character
for URIs.
Nevertheless, such values would not reach so far if case 1. would yield encoded values.

Rainer