cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Rauscher <...@blue-elephant-systems.com>
Subject Re: cforms problem: Cannot call method "debug" of undefined"
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 15:33:40 GMT

Any ideas? Is it better to post this to the dev list or can I report
this as a bug?

    Ralph

Ralph Rauscher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> hope someone has a solution to this. I'm using cforms and keep getting a
>
>     "org.mozilla.javascript.EcmaError: TypeError: Cannot call method
> "debug" of undefined"
>
> error. This is caused by some very basic flowscript in my model which is:
>
>     cocoon.log.debug("some debug message");
>
> It seems like cforms doesn't know it's own environment anymore. The
> cocoon variable seems not to be defined. The same happens if I try to
> call a function here that is defined in some external flowscript file.
> It this case it says the fuction is not defined. From what I've found
> out up until now, this is related to several factors:
>
> 1. The way the pipeline triggering the cforms (the map:call) is embedded
> within other pipelines / subsitemaps
> 2. Whether or not the widget having the flowscript code attached is
> within a union or not
>
> This is my model with the cocoon.log.debug("some debug message") causing
> an error:
>
> <fd:form xmlns:fd="http://apache.org/cocoon/forms/1.0#definition">
>   <fd:widgets>
>     <fd:field id="unionCaseSelector">
>       <fd:datatype base="string"/>
>       <fd:selection-list>
>         <fd:item value="case1"/>
>       </fd:selection-list>
>       <fd:on-create>
>         <fd:javascript>
>           widget.setValue("case1");
>         </fd:javascript>
>       </fd:on-create>
>     </fd:field>
>     <fd:union case="unionCaseSelector" id="unionCaseSelector-sel">
>       <fd:widgets>
>         <fd:group id="case1">
>           <fd:widgets>
>             <fd:field required="false" id="case1Member1">
>               <fd:label>Union Case 1, Member 1</fd:label>
>               <fd:datatype base="string"/>
>               <fd:on-create>
>                 <fd:javascript>
>                   cocoon.log.debug("some debug message");
>                 </fd:javascript>
>               </fd:on-create>
>             </fd:field>
>           </fd:widgets>
>         </fd:group>
>       </fd:widgets>
>     </fd:union>
>   </fd:widgets>
> </fd:form>
>
> However, this ONLY causes an error if the union is present. If I change
> the model to consist eg. of the case1Member1 widget only, it is working
> just fine.
>
> The other factor is in the structure of my sitemaps / pipelines. My
> complete structure is:
>
> sitemap.xmap
> |
> --- isNotDefinedTest
>     --- sitemap.xmap
>
> I have defined the map:call triggering the form instanciation, etc. in
> the isNotDefinedTest/sitemap.xmap subsitemap. In my top level sitemap I
> have to ways of getting there:
>
>     <!-- calling the form via this pipeline will work -->
>     <map:match pattern="subSitemap/**">
> [...]

Ralph Rauscher

 blue elephant systems GmbH
 Wollgrasweg 49
 D-70599 Stuttgart

 Tel   :    (+49) 0711 - 451017 574
 Fax   :    (+49) 0711 - 451017 573
 e-mail:    rra@blue-elephant-systems.com
 Sitz  :    Stuttgart, Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 24106
 Geschäftsführer: Joachim Hörnle, Thomas Gentsch, Holger Dietrich