cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Re: still exception
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 23:31:55 GMT
Patrick Heiden pisze:
> Hello togehter!
>
> Firs I want to spend a big thank you again, for all the help during the last week to
get me
> started with 2.2! I've tried to give a little bit back and corrected one tutorial in
conjunction
> with controlflow (see comment 2 at
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g1/g2/g5/g1/1241.html?branch=1&language=1).

Thanks, have you considered contributing to our docs directly?[1]

> But I have some issue with the tutorial "Deploying a Cocoon application" at
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1362_1_1.html.
>
> I've mentioned that within another thread before (Re: 2.2 tutorials help), but I am not
sure if
> anyone follows after certain thread-depth. No offence, but I really need to get further!
Here is
> what I've mentioned there:
>
> ... first I want to say, that there ist no file
> myBlock/src/main/resources/META-INF/cocoon/spring/block.xml. Is this the old way to mount
blocks
> at root level, because I changed the mount-path within the servlet-service.xml and things
work
> fine! If this is the way to go, then updating the tutorial would be very nice!

I corrected the docs, thanks for pointing this out. To confuse things more, in a final version
of
archetype this file will be named 'blockServlet.xml'. It took us some time to find the best
name...

> But my main problem so far is, that after creating webapp-archetype and starting mvn
> package:jetty run I am not able to get 'callingTransformationService'. I will paste the
> stacktrace at the end of this message! Every other block-call (e.g.
> http://localhost:8888/callingBlock2) works totally fine and before adding the webapp-archetype
> was able to 'callingTransformationService' nicely from myBlock1 (mvn jetty:run
> http://localhost:8888/myBlock1/callingTransformationService). I am confused about this
one...

> Greetings Patrick
>
> now here is the stack trace:

<snip/>

It's really hard to judge what may be wrong but reading from your description this issue looks
weird. Could you send me directly zipped directory containing your blocks and webapp? I hope
it does
not contain anything confident. This way it's be the easiest way to see what's really happening
there.

[1] http://cocoon.apache.org/1273_1_1.html

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski